This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Swagger Theme 'Blog' page

• Creator
    Topic
    lab6

Hi,

I want to set a ‘blog’ page on my site to quickly post to but this isn’t on the homepage. When I set the home page to ‘static’ and posts page to blog the blog page seems to take on all the aspects of the home page i.e. slider etc.

I know it probably a simple thing I am missing but can’t seem to work it out.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

There are several ways you could set this all up, but let’s just go with what you’re always going with. —

In WordPress, when you set a “posts page” it replaces that page with the theme’s “homepage” file because remember that WordPress was originally designed as a blogging platform. If you have static frontpage set, then you shouldn’t be designating a custom layout as your homepage under your Theme Options because the layout is already applied to that static page.

The solution for your setup is just to go to Appearance > Theme Options > Content > Homepage and select for your Homepage Content to show posts. — Because your “homepage” is now that posts page as WordPress sees it.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.