This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Swagger Install

• Creator
    Topic
    dayna
    Participant

Hi,

I have tried to install the Sagger theme and…failed! I watched the video and I can’t seem to find the same files to upload.

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Dayna

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    dayna
    Participant

Me again….I don’t mean to cry wolf, I would like to read the responses given to the other person with similar issues, but I can’t read them! All of the answers are hidden…

Thank you for the help,

Dayna

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Dayna,

I apologize if this part isn’t clear from the video, as it was made before Envato added the feature of downloading parts of the theme package separately to your ThemeForest Downloads page.

At ThemeForest.net > My Account > Downloads, you want to download the entire download package, which will be called “Main Files” —

Now you will have the entire ZIP package of files that is the starting point of the basic installation video. Inside this ZIP package is another ZIP package called “swagger.zip” — This is the theme that you want to install through your WordPress dashboard at Appearance > Themes > Install Themes > Upload.

If this doesn’t clear things up, feel free to give me some more information about what you’re doing specifically, what files you’re uploading, what message you’re getting exactly, etc, and I’d be happy to assist further. Sorry for any confusion!

I would like to read the responses given to the other person with similar issues, but I can’t read them! All of the answers are hidden…

Apologies, but you can only view topics that are attached to theme you’ve purchased. I know this annoys some people, but there are some certain reasons that we do this. This will most likely stay this way in the future, but we do have plans to improve the actual search interface. I don’t want it to seem like you are almost being “taunted” by the topics you don’t have access to.

dayna
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    Thank you! I have it uploaded but now I can’t get it to activate? I am trying this on a test website because I can’t let the other one crash on me again.. What do I need to do for a clean install activation?
    Do I need to deactivate all plugins?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare optionsframework_rolescheck() (previously declared in /home/camdore/public_html/ournetway.com/perma/wp-content/plugins/options-framework/options-framework.php:47) in /home/camdore/public_html/ournetway.com/perma/wp-content/themes/swagger/framework/admin/modules/options/options-framework.php on line 17

Thank you?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Go to your Plugins page and deactivate the plugin called Options Framework. Then try activating the theme again. That should do the trick.

dayna
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Thank you, I have the installation complete thanks to your suggestions! I am wondering now how to set it up, I have tried to set up the site to look like the Swagger Homepage with sliders and all, the bottom 6 pictures to link to a page then within the page have portfolio. I am struggling to get the same result, I can’t seem to get the slider image or the the other ones on the bottom.
    I hop you understand this and any help would be great!
    Thank you,
    Dayna

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Dayna,

Have you found the “Homepage Setup” section over on the ThemeForest item details page? This is a good way to get started the the theme. Go down the list, and for each thing you don’t understand or can’t figure out, find the section of videos in your documentation on that subject.

http://themeforest.net/item/swagger-responsive-wordpress-theme/930581

So, on this list, which step here is tripping you up?

And have you been able to access all of the videos in your documentation file? After you’ve created a slider under the “Sliders” section of your WP admin, then you want to create a custom layout. You’ll use the “Swagger Homepage” sample layout as a starting point for your custom layout in the Builder section of our WP admin. The videos series on the Layout Builder will be really helpful here to understand all of this.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m re-reading your response, and it sounds like maybe you’re already a step ahead of what I’m telling you to do. Maybe if you provided a link to your site and what you have setup so far I can explain better the parts you’re missing. I’m just not sure I’m fully understanding the issues you’re describing.

dayna
    Participant
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Ok, so I’m looking at your homepage, and it looks like you’ve managed to setup the custom layout’s content area almost the same as the theme’s demo. Which part of your homepage are you having an issue with, exactly? Can you try in a little more detail what you’re not getting on your site?

dayna
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I think I am getting the hang of things! I have 2 questions.
    1. The images below the slider (6 of them) Is there a way to have them Link to open up to another page, without making them a “page on the menu”?

2. Is there an under construction option somewhere?

Thank you,

Dayna

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

1. The images below the slider (6 of them) Is there a way to have them Link to open up to another page, without making them a “page on the menu”?

It sounds like maybe you’re just letting the default fallback function take over your main menu. You want to go to Appearance > Menus, create a custom menu, and apply it to the “Primary Navigation” location. Check out this video: http://www.jasonbobich.com/wordpress/wordpress-3-menus/

2. Is there an under construction option somewhere?

WordPress doesn’t have any kind of built-in functionality for this; you’d want to find a plugin for this. I’m sure you can find many, as it’s a pretty popular topic.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=maintenance

http://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=construction

dayna
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the videos and I am now installing the theme where I was supposed to now that I am done the trial run, when I went to install the theme, I crashed their website again! Yikes, I am working on getting it restored and fixed right now! Perhaps once it is all fixed I can get some more help with actually installing the theme as it seems to keep crashing on me;( I apologize for keep pestering!

http://www.westtrek.com/wp-admin/theme-install.php

http://www.westtrek.com

Thank you,

Dayna

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Does this site have really old server setup? Or a really old version of WordPress? That’s the only common reason I can think of that I’ve seen a few people run into, in general, when getting Internal Server errors after activation.

Other than that, in getting an “Internal Server Error,” the only way to know exactly why is to check your server’s error logs. You may want to ask your webhost for this.

dayna
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Thank you, they don’t understand as well, I have reset the site http://www.westtrek.com/wp-admin/profile.php and if you have any insight or are able to help me that would be incredible! Thank you in advance!!

Dayna

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I obviously can’t see inside your admin that you’re linking to, but I can tell from looking at the design of the login page that you’re using an older version of WordPress. I have a feeling that’s the problem. You need to login and just update WordPress before using the theme. You want to always try and stay on the latest version of WordPress.

When you login, there should be a big yellow bar at the top of the screen prompting you to update.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.