This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Subscript

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    samnigro
    Participant

On that page in the headline there’s a ® and it’s pretty unreadable. Is there a way to make it clear?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Are you talking about next to your header tags? I think this has something to do with the font you’ve chosen for your headers, EB Garamond, and how it renders those special characters. If you remove the font, I think you’ll see the ® displays more as expected.

samnigro
    Participant

Thanks, I was looking all through the CSS files and couldn’t make it change. In design those small characters are called subscript or superscripts, are they named something else in the development world?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In this case with the way you have it, there’s no CSS you could change to adjust this because it’s just the rendering of the font. If you make the font bigger, the subscript character is just going to remain proportional to the font size. So, when your font is huge, the subscript character will still be whatever percentage of the line height.

In design those small characters are called subscript or superscripts, are they named something else in the development world?

When you say subscript without any other context, I think of the HTML tags that one would use to denote these characters which is http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_sup.asp — When I first looked at the page I didn’t see these because they are so small and unreadable. So I searched your source code for the sub tags and didn’t find any.

Often people will utilize this tag something like this:

Some Title®

And then you could style it like this:

h3 sub { ... }

But here I think it comes back to something funky with that font. In my inspector I added sub tags to it and enlarged the font, and this is how it renders:

samnigro
    Participant

Thanks so much. A couple of the reasons I like your sites so much is that you are pretty through yet with great versatility and you provide some of the best support.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.