This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Standard Slider Customization

• Creator
    Topic
    bsastech
    Participant

Hi there,

I am trying to remove the background of the “Headline” in a Standard slider (Flexslider). I have used Firebug to track down the correct CSS and then made the changes and copied and pasted the code into my child theme but the changes are not making any difference.

Am I missing something? Here is the code:

.standard-slider .media-full .content {
    background-color:#transparent;
    background-position:initial initial;
    background-repeat:initial initial;
    bottom:10px;
    color:#FFFFFF;
    left:10px;
    max-width:75%;
    opacity:0.8;
    }

If this is outside of your normal Support then I understand. Many thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

You’re almost there. Looking at what you’re posting, I think you just made a typo there where you made the background color transparent. You’ve put a “#” in front of the word transparent.

Keep in mind that you also don’t need to copy all of that, but just write the portion that changes what you want. So this, should do the trick for you:

.standard-slider .media-full .content {
    	background-color: transparent;
    }

Also, make sure this is going in the custom.css file of your Child theme and not the style.css file.

bsastech
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the speedy response. I removed the “#” in front of “transparent” but it made no difference. Here is a link to a Screenshot of my theme editor:

http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/img/313226-10252012124512AM

I believe everything is as it should be.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Can I see a link to your actual website? I’m thinking something else is going on there. That should be correct.

If you want to give me the link privately, you can do so by going to My Account > Submit Private Information.

bsastech
    Participant

I have sent the link privately…..

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Ok, the reason it’s not working is because you have a typo up earlier in your custom.css that is breaking everything that comes below it.

Find this part:

.themeblvd-news-scroller h3 a:hover,
    .widget .themeblvd-news-scroller ul li h4 a:hover {
    	background-color: transparent;
            color:#878787;

And you’re missing a closing bracket “}” after it.

bsastech
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Jeez, sorry for wasting your time on this!!….I need to be more thorough! I see it working now. That part of the custom.css has been there for a few months and when I have tried to add other custom css they didn’t work so I just tried other workarounds instead…or gave up…but NEVER touched the parent theme!

All I can say is I learned something from this….many thanks for your time.

On another point I would just like to give a big thumbs up for the new Support site!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.