This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Space between header and content

• Creator
    Topic
    zayne

Hello!

There is a large amount of space between my website’s header and content. It is consistent throughout the different pages. I have updated to the most recent theme and tried updating/disabling plugins to see if one of those caused the change. However, nothing has worked thus far.

Would you mind taking a look and seeing what could be causing the problem? The website is: http://saintlukesumc.com

Thank you.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

That is a bit strange, as the problem isn’t just in the header, but also how the content area sites above the footer, as well.

Let’s first try this: Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Layout > Header, and one of the last options there allows you to put a header height that matches your logo, which currently it doesn’t look like you’ve set, as it’s set at default 100. Try setting it to 240, so it matches your logo.

zayne

Hey Jason,

I made that switch and it didn’t change anything. Any other ideas?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Do you have any idea what is this being inserted randomly at the top of your site’s source code, that I’ve highlighted in the screenshot?

… I’m pretty sure this is what’s messing everything up. This definitely shouldn’t be there, and having it there messes with the entire semantic markup of the site, as you’ve got a random output before the doctype has even been declared.

zayne

I have tried deactivating all of the plugins and the problem remains. I am thinking maybe it can be some malware, but I am not sure where it is located. If I can find it then I can manually remove it.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Assuming you deactivated every plugin, you can rule out that it hasn’t been hacked into a plugin file.

You said you updated the theme recently, so most likely it’s not in the theme files, but you can rule this out by temporarily activating one of the default WP themes and seeing if it’s still there.

From there things get tricky because it could be anywhere in your WordPress core software files. You may want to contact your web host to help.

If you have to replace all files of WordPress, it’s not the end of the world; this is doable, but you just have to be careful not to delete/override anything in your /wp-content/ directory or your wp-config.php file in the root directory of your install.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘The Arcadian Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.