This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Social Media Icons – Change Color

• Creator
    Topic
    myked79

Been trying to hunt these guys down and find where they live so I can adjust color. Can you point me to where I can find them.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

The social media icons in the header are anchor tags that have background image sprite applied via CSS. If you wanted to include your own image you’d need to do put the new image in your Child theme, and then include it with your own custom CSS.

You can find the current, default images here:

/framework/frontend/assets/images/parts/social-media-light.png
    /framework/frontend/assets/images/parts/social-media-dark.png
    /framework/frontend/assets/images/parts/social-media-grey.png

You can find a PSD source file for these images in your download package from ThemeForest.

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

.themeblvd-contact-bar .light li a { background-image: url(..); }
    .themeblvd-contact-bar .dark li a { background-image: url(..); }
    .themeblvd-contact-bar .grey li a { background-image: url(..); }

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.