This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Sliders and drop down menu stopped working.

• Creator
    Topic

Hey there,

The Alyeska theme is great and has worked for me for over a year, but recently all the sliders and the drop down menues stopped working all together. I haven’t touched the site since it was built.

Here’s a link to the site in case you need to know what’s up. http://www.kepconstruction.com

How did this come aboutt?

Thanks in advance

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

This is a javascript conflict with one of the other plugins you’ve installed. You just need to go back through any plugins you’ve installed since this happened to figure out which one is causing the issue. Kind of pain, but I’m sure you can figure it out in 5-10 mins by just activating/deactivating different plugins and checking your site.

Thanks for the response. The only plugins I’m using is SEO by Yoast and Captcha. And like I said, I set the whole site up and everything worked for almost a year and I didn’t do ANYTHING to the site after that. Then one day I went to my site and the sliders weren’t working.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Apologies. I can tell you what the issue is specifically; I just assumed it was from a plugin.

In your site, you’re not loading WordPress’s version of jQuery, but instead you’re loading the latest jQuery (v1.9.1) from Google’s servers, for whatever reason. It would make sense that at some point you set this up and now that the latest version of jQuery has gone up.

Anyway, the theme isn’t compatible with jQuery 1.9. So you need to undo that process and put back WordPress’s default version of jQuery and not override this. If it’s not being done by a plugin, then it means this is a customization you’ve made specifically to your site.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.