This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Slider(Carousel) IE Message Cheating

• Creator
    Topic
    howling

Hi Jason,
    This is a bit of a strange one;
    My customer called me explaining when they tried to remove an image from Slider Carousel they could not and received an error message saying something like “We know you are cheating”.
    They also could not delete a slide.
    They used browser IE9.
    When I logged in as Admin using browser Chrome I was able to remove/insert image, delete slide, etc…
    After I did that they were able to remove/insert image and delete slide using IE9.
    I basically told them I have no idea why this would happen but said maybe because of IE and advised them to use a decent browser like Chrome or Firefox. Probably nothing to do with it.
    Any ideas???
    Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    howling

Hmm… thought about it a bit more; does this message come up maybe because we have another copy of Alyeska installed on a non-production server. This Alyeska copy on a test server acts as a reference so we could play around with the Alyeska theme. Is that it? That copy we will remove soon. I don’t think we use Alyeska for any other website but will have to check.
    That said how much is a license for another copy should we want to use Aleyska for another customers website? Thanks.

howling

Update on this: the actual message was “Cheatin’ uh?” and I can see it in the Alyeska code. What is this function for? Thanks.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

This actually isn’t anything in the theme. This is just an odd WordPress thing that some people experience. I honestly don’t know why it happens. You can google the message and you’ll get all kinds of hits on it with all kinds of random, weird theories and solutions.

What kind of admin user-level is the problem occurring in? That may have something to do with it on your WordPress installation.

howling

Admin user role the problem occurred in is Administrator. My customer had the problem from their location/machine. I then logged in with the same Administrator user from my location/machine. I did not have the problem. They then logged in same Administrator from their location/machine again and the issue was no longer there.

don4law
    Participant

Any more news on this. I simply uploaded a new theme into wordpress and got the message when I hit . If I activate it, the website doesn’t even display

don4law
    Participant

Any more news on this. I simply uploaded a new theme into wordpress and got the message when I hit . If I activate it, the website doesn’t even display

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.