This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Slider vs.Slide Show vs. Gallery

• Creator
    Topic
    tinachapman
    Participant

In my current site I have 5+ photos in a slideshow. In my new Akita site I am putting those in custom sliders. Most of the sliders I will have 6 images but I have one that may have 11 images? Do you suggest I use sliders for this or a different slideshow plugin or a Gallery or anything else to get the best/quickest loadtimes?

Can I use lightbox in a Gallery of photos? I couldn’t see how to put it in to the gallery.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Tina,

I don’t see anything wrong with that. Sliders may slow things down a little bit obviously over of not using them at all, but as long as your sliders only contain images, I think you should be okay. Where the slider start to lag down the loading of the site is when you’re trying to access videos from Vimeo and YouTube.

Can I use lightbox in a Gallery of photos? I couldn’t see how to put it in to the gallery.

You just mean inserting a standard WordPress gallery into a page or post? When you use WordPress’s built-in [gallery] shortcode, the theme will automatically set them up to link to a lightbox. Check out this video: https://vimeo.com/16686184

tinachapman
    Participant

Ahh, thank you for the video. I missed linking the thumbnail to the image part so it was going to the page.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.