This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Slider Stopped Working?

• Creator
    Topic
    efpeterson

Hi folks,

I just noticed on my site that the slider has stopped working. It displays the first slide almost like a static image, but then doesn’t transition to any of the others. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Try double checking any plugins you installed recently. Most likely you just have some sort of javascript from something you changed on your site recently.

efpeterson

Hi there,

I deactivated all of them, viewed in a cleared browser and the problem still persists.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Please provide a link to the issue.

efpeterson
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

What do you have set for the slider transition setting under your Homepage settings? For some reason this option isn’t getting passed through to the output of the slider.

I’ve never heard of this happening to anyone before. So, I’m thinking something must be unique to something you’re doing. Are you sure you haven’t made any edits to theme file at all? Like maybe to either the theme options or complexity_slideshow() function? Something must have happened recently. Generally, things don’t just stop working with nothing being changed, right? 😉

Can you re-trace your steps at all? Customizations? Anything odd with saving your theme options?

efpeterson

Nada. Just adding some plugins here and there. There haven’t been any modifications to the theme template. The slider is set to fade in and out.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Well, all is working on my end and I haven’t any other reported problems of this. So I’m not sure what other theoretically things I could tell you. If you’d like me to take a closer look, you can send me a login to your admin, and I’d be glad to do that.

My Account > Submit private info

efpeterson

Submitted the private info. Thanks so much for the help. It just stopped working this morning.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

All right, so you, or someone on your team, has edited index.php of the theme and made this mistake which is causing the issue:

I have double checked this in the archived files of the theme through version control, and this has never been something in the theme. And also the fact that it worked before and then stopped working this morning further shows that at some point you would have made this change, as this change would make it impossible for the slideshow transition to ever be inserted properly. So moving forward, just be careful when making customizations to the theme files.

I have fixed this issue for you, so you should be good to go.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Commodore WordPress Theme (formerly Complexity)’ is closed to new topics and replies.