This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Slider speed

• Creator
    Topic

Hi Jason,

I have a quick question… Do you know what I could do to make the slider load faster? It seems that the main page loads up quickly but the slider still needs a few seconds to finish loading. It may not be related to your theme but I thought I asked. Also, if you have any suggestions for some good slider plugins I would be willing to look into them.

Thanks so much for all your help,

Florin

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Florin,

No, I apologize, but there’s nothing to my knowledge that can be changed about this. This is one of the basic premises of the FlexSlider plugin. It’s not that it takes longer to load, but it doesn’t get triggered until everything on the current page is loaded.

Thanks Jason. So are you suggesting I get the FlexSlider plugin or that the sliders created in Alyeska theme use FlexSlider plugin? It seems that other wordpress sites that have seen have sliders that load quickly without any ‘pause’… I appreciate any suggestions from you.

Florin

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

The theme uses a jQuery plugin called “FlexSlider” —

http://www.woothemes.com/flexslider/

And this is how it works; It doesn’t fade in until the entire site is loaded. You may wan to see what you can do in increasing the load time of your site in general, like using a Caching plugin (W3 Total Cache, Super Cache, etc) combined with a CDN. Try looking into cutting down on things from external sources like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.

Thanks a lot. I will follow your advice. Florin

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.