This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Slider Revolution

• Creator
    Topic
    Alan Cohen
    Participant

Jason:

Is Slider Revolution compatible with the theme? I have done some css customization with the standard slider, and that may not work for my needs.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    johnmos
    Participant

Alan

Slider Revolution works well with jumpstart.

Alan Cohen
    Participant

Thanks,

mizzinc
    Participant

@johnmos – Did you add Slider Revolution as a standalone plugin or add a slider for jumpstart?

Alan Cohen
    Participant

John:

I am not a developer, so I need to hire someone for that. What is the best way to add it? I purchased a license for it a while ago, but need guidance on the best way to install it.

Any help would be appreciated…

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,

I’ve never tried the slider, personally; so I can’t speak to how it well works with the theme. But just in general, I’m sure the slider has some kind of shortcode that comes with it. So, the “non-developer” way to integrate into the theme would just be to use that shortcode anywhere shortcodes are accepted, like the content of a page, or even a “Content” element of the Layout Builder.

johnmos
    Participant

mizzinc

I load the Slider as a Plug-in.

mizzinc
    Participant

Thanks.

johnmos
    Participant

Make sure your up to date.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah, just FYI I guess there is some big security vulnerability that was discovered with this plugin. So as John said, make sure you’re up-to-date with it.

Alan Cohen
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions and heads up on the security issue. I had the plugin installed, with a patch for the security issue. It apparently only applies to earlier versions of the plugin.

The plugin works great with the theme.

The best way that I have found to use the plugin is with the layout builder, in the content element, as raw content with a shortcode as follows:

[raw]
    slider shortcode
    [clear]
    [/raw]

That way, you can place it anywhere on the page, including in the “Feature Above” area.

Alan Cohen
    Participant

Jason:

I can’t get the swipe feature to work on mobile devices, and am wondering if there is a possible conflict with the swipe feature of the theme’s sliders.

Any suggestions on where to look for a possible conflict?

Thanks,

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I can’t get the swipe feature to work on mobile devices, and am wondering if there is a possible conflict with the swipe feature of the theme’s sliders.
    Any suggestions on where to look for a possible conflict?

I honestly have no idea, as I’ve never used the plugin. I would suggest contacting the support for the plugin.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.