This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Slider Problems !

• Creator
    Topic
    roguecitrus
    Participant

I’ve just put my client site live and the front page sliders are showing one after another down the page … the page is jumping around and I can’t tell if the rest of it is right or now. Please look at http://appliedlubrication.com/ and let me know what I’ve done wrong. It works great in all other browsers.

Thank you.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    roguecitrus
    Participant

It appears my problem was with using any images + Headline, Description & Buttons … if there is a fix for IE9, please let me know. Until then i removed link buttons and put the text right in the image.
    Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

As far as I know, the theme’s slider should work fine in IE9. I’ve never heard of any problems like the one you’re describing.

However, often when people think their site does not work in IE9, it’s because they’ve accidentally turned on compatibility mode in their IE9 browser. Is this possible?

If this is not the case, please setup an example for me that I can view in IE9 to see the issue. It doesn’t have to be on your homepage; you could try and reproduce the issue on a subpage or something that isn’t linked to your main menu.

roguecitrus
    Participant

Here is the test page http://appliedlubrication.com/test-page.

I saw the response on Twitter & Fb first … I’m not an IE user, so it’s right out of the box, like I presume most people use it. Either way my client had customers and sales reps call with the issue, I’m not sure if I could direct that many people on how to use IE, or encourage them to smarten up and use anything else. The demo works fine in IE, so I’m sure it’s something on my particular install.

WP is up to date as is the theme.
    Thanks for looking into it.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I believe it’s from the invalid HTML markup you’re trying to put in the slide description field. Most web browsers can figure out what you were trying to do, but IE can’t.

You’ve put something like this:

Small to Large Batch Volume Blending

Custom Blending

On Staff Chemist to assist in finding the right solution for your needs

But it should look more like this:

Small to Large Batch Volume Blending

Custom Blending

On Staff Chemist to assist in finding the right solution for your needs

roguecitrus
    Participant

I figured it was a total user issue … it works great now, thank you!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.