This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

slider not showing up.

• Creator
    Topic
    mnpig

I have a question
    I have the Akita theme and I’m trying to get the slider to work. I think im doing it right with the steps below but its still not showing up. can someone give me kick in the right direction please?
    I log into the dashboard
    I then click on the slider tab.
    I then click on add slider and follow the promps
    I click on add new slide and then i upload my photos to it.
    once the photos are uploaded i then click insert into slider.
    I will do this several more time for each photo.
    (i leave everything on the right colume unchange)
    once im done I then click the update slider button.
    Then I will click on my website to see if it shows up and it does not.
    I’m I missing a step?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Under the Sliders page is where you can create and manage all of your sliders, but in order for them to show up on your site, you have to implement them in some way; it doesn’t sound like you’re doing this.

Checkout this video from your documentation, and skip to about 3:30 — https://vimeo.com/32433773

Sliders can be implemented in two ways into your website.

1) Shortcode: In any page or post you can put the Slider shortcode like this:

[slider id="my-slider"]

2) Layout Builder: Under the Builder section of your WP admin, you can add a “Slider” element to your custom layout and select from the Sliders you’ve created.

mnpig

Thank you so much for the help. I went under the layout builder and there is was looking right at me.
    thanks again!!!!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.