This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Slider not showing images

• Creator
    Topic
    scrubtasticx

Hey i purchased and setup the theme i love it! problem is my slider images wont load the slider just spins but no images pop up. i had it working for a second then nothing spent hours trying to figure it out. any help would be appreciated

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    scrubtasticx

I fixed it it appears that wp-trader plugin was breaking it. ;P

scrubtasticx

sorry to bump. anychance on taking a look at WP-Trader the plugin to see whats causing the erros with the slider?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Post a link to the issue with the plugin active and I’ll see if anything stands out.

scrubtasticx

ok i appreciate it jason. Thecurse is my site all works well when that plugin is off. and the reason i made the site and got the theme was this plugin mostly LOL.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by scrubtasticx.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jason Bobich.
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I can see the issue, but I’m not sure it’s going to really help you. The plugin is not enqueing jQuery and the other scripts properly, and so the result is that you get conflicts. In this case, you’ve got the theme incorporating jQuery and then all items that require jQuery. Then, your plugin comes in and calls jQuery again and breaks all javascript on the page at that point. Then, the theme’s slider’s javascript comes later on down the page, but at this point everything is broken.

So, in other words, instead of putting their scripts into WordPress’s queue to display them with the theme and all other plugins, their manually shoving them into the header of your site.

scrubtasticx

ahh ok so ill 86 that plugin. thankyou for your time jason 🙂

scrubtasticx

Hey jason i have been thinking. i really want to get this plugin working. is there a way i could just comment out where that wp-trader plugin is calling the jquery stuff and have it still function?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

The plugin manually outputs the old version of jQuery in the main plugin file wp_trader_install.php in the function called wp_trader_head — I think you can get away with just removing this part:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
    scrubtasticx

that is a option i will try thanks jason 😉 but if its an old version i wonder if i change it to the 1.8.3 version if it wll change things i will play with it i appreciate the help

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by scrubtasticx.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jason Bobich.
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.