This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

slider image border

• Creator
    Topic
    nigdowser
    Participant

I’ve poked around the forums as well as using Firebug, but I can’t seem to change the border of the slider images. Ideally, I’d like it to disappear or, if not, make the background white.

Hmmmm…. while I’m on this, how about making the slide and the text 50% each??? (with the above bits in there?)

Nigel

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

For example, here’s how you’d target the staged images in the slider:

.style_{primary_style} #featured .standard-slider .slide .media-inner { ... }

And here’s how I found this in Firebug:

http://www.uploadblvd.com/uploads/image_519e827aa0d77.png

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

nigdowser
    Participant

Many thanks! And is it possible to center the image within the slide area??

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

There’s no configuration for centering a slide’s image. When setting up a slide, the image can be full-size, staged right or left. If you’re using a full-size slide, you need to make sure the image you’re using is large enough, 960×350; this will ensure it fits properly in the slider, and if it’s larger than that, WordPress will crop it to the right side.

nigdowser
    Participant

Thanks anyway!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.