This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Slider Help

• Creator
    Topic
    digitalsolutionsksa
    Participant

I have built one website using your theme and I really like it but one of my client does not like the slider.

and they want the following slider for its website.

http://themes.themepunch.com/?theme=kenburner_wp

but this slider is not responsive. So I am little afraid it will not work with your theme perfectly.

Can you provide any advise or suggestion to make my client happy and also give him what he is looking for.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Ilyas Shareef

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Ilyas,

You could possibly implement the slider plugin to the theme maybe via shortcode in a content element of the Layout Builder or something. Then, you could just hide that element as the site scales down and use something else in it’s place. When you’re configuring elements in the Builder, you’ll notice all elements have an option to designate whether it shows at certain viewport sizes or not.

In concept, this is similar what I do on this site: http://wpjumpstart.com — It’s not perfect, but essentially when you get to mobile viewport size, the slider is hidden and just a static image shows in its place.

digitalsolutionsksa
    Participant

I guess slider will not work in on mobiles then and just static image will be shown?

Do you have any slider similar to this so that I can use that and have it working on all devices.

Regards,

Ilyas Shareef

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You could put whatever you want in it’s place, even a different slider if you wanted. It’s just one theoretical idea. But all I have is what I’ve included in the theme.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.