This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Slider Height change

• Creator
    Topic
    lorp
    Participant

I can’t find the location on where I can change the height of the standard sliders.
    Can you guide me in the location please?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

The height of the slider is determined by the height of the images in conjunction with the container the slider is sitting in. Meaning, if you had a 940×350 slider placed in an area that is more narrow than 940px, it will then be scaled down responsively (i.e. width and height).

The size of the images in the slider are based from registered crop sizes. When setting up an individual slide, you can select the crop size used on that image.

If you want to change any of the crop sizes registered by the Swagger theme, you can use this plugin to help you:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-blvd-image-sizes/

lorp
    Participant

Great,
    thank you for the information, I kind of figure that since all i found was to take the height at 100%, but wasn’t sure. My output its basically having the slider been the same width but changing the height, so basically all I have to make sure is that my images are 940×200 in size to cover the whole width but to be a shorter slider, correct?
    Is there a way to modify the default size so like in the image the drop down will say the new size?
    That will be something to see in the framework/admin folder correct?

Sorry for many questions, try to customize some areas in my site.
    Thank you.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

so basically all I have to make sure is that my images are 940×200 in size to cover the whole width but to be a shorter slider, correct?

It would be better if you changed the registered crop size, but technically, yes this will work because WordPress won’t be able to generate the proper image size if it’s smaller than the registered crop size. So when your site loads, it’ll pull the raw image you uploaded.

Is there a way to modify the default size so like in the image the drop down will say the new size?

Yup, with this plugin:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-blvd-image-sizes/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.