This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Slider Header color not changing

• Creator
    Topic
    aureusb

How do you change the color of the slider’s header? The text box doesnt seem to register the inline css styles.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

You’d want to put the styles in your custom CSS, opposed to trying to do it inline with the slider. For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

General: .slide-title { color: #000; }​

Specific slider: tb-slider-{your_slider} .slide-title { color: #000; }​

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

aureusb

Thanks, it worked!

I also want to have another slider on another page, however when i insert the slider shortcode into “raw content” via the builder, i get this.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2yzbkvt&s=6

How do i remove the white area? i want it to be transparent against the featured above section

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by aureusb.
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

This how the content element is styled for the featured area. To change it, you’d need to customize the CSS for content elements in the featured area.

#featured .element-content .element-inner {
    	background-color: transparent;
    	padding: 0;
    }

Here’s how you can tackle these kinds of simple, little CSS customizations. —

Click to enlarge

aureusb

Awesome. Thanks for the great support!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.