This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Slider glitch

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I don’t believe there’s any glitch, but I think you may be just misunderstanding conceptually how the current version of the Layout Builder works.

While a give custom layout can be edited from the “Builder” section of your WP admin, or when editing a page, a custom layout is not a reusable template. A custom layout is a way to construct the content for a single page’s content.

You currently have one custom layout called “home” that you’ve applied to all three pages you’re referencing. What I think is happening is that you’re going to the individual pages, editing the layout, and saving the changes, not understanding that those changes effect every page that layout is attached to. So, you just need to create a separate layout for each page.

===========

I understand where your confusion comes from, and when I release v2.0 of the Layout Builder, this is already set up to be different. There will be a separation between layouts (as re-usable templates from the Builder) and a layout that is being edited at a specific page, in order to avoid this kind of confusion.

Thanks so much for the explanation. Yep that fixed it!

I’m still not able to access the slider options though. The navigation buttons are appearing for two of the sliders and not for the one on the homepage. When I go to sliders and then click on the arrows next to Slider Information and Slider Options nothing happens.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

When I go to sliders and then click on the arrows next to Slider Information and Slider Options nothing happens.

I cannot reproduce this issue on my end, and haven’t had anyone ever report that on any theme, which I can remember. Are you up to date with WordPress? Up to date with the Alyeska theme? Up to date with the Sliders plugin?

The options must have shown before because you originally changed them to hide the nav elements in the first place, right? What have you changed on your site since? Made any updates? Added any plugins?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.