This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Adjusting the slate grey background "skin" option

• Creator
    Topic
    change-agent

Would you be able to tell us what file to edit to make the slate grey background (main Styles) a few shades lighter?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jason Bobich. Reason: Changed title to help others
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jason Bobich.
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In this theme, the “skin” option from Appearance > Theme Options controls the background of your website. However, you can go to Appearance > Background and setup your own custom background. When you do this, the theme will use those background options to override the the skin option from your theme options page.

So, if you’ve got a modified version of the theme’s slate grey background image, you’d just upload it and apply it through Appearance > Background.

Here is a PSD source file of all the background skin colors/textures:

http://tiny.cc/y98irw

And you can find all of the current background images here in the theme:

/assets/images/layout/skin/

All of the images are named as {texture}-slate.png

change-agent

Excellent Jason, you are an ace, many thanks, I am going to experiment today.

Eric

change-agent

http://tiny.cc/y98irw

Downloaded ti but it refuses to open in GIMP. Does it only work with FS? Because normally GIMP has no problems with FS files.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m not sure on that one. It’s just a standard Photoshop file other than maybe the fact that’s it’s huge.

change-agent

Mm, I ask a friend if he can open it in Photoshop.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.