This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Skin color

• Creator
    Topic
    marcoweb
    Participant

I juice the pink skin color voor de background only i want to make it darker. Where can i do this?

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

These are customizations you’d need to make. You’d need to edit the background image in a photo editing software to make it darker and determine your new background color of pink to match the modified background image. Then, you’d apply that new background image and color from Appearance > Background in your WordPress admin panel.

marcoweb
    Participant

Ok but what background file is with the purple color and the folder can I find in the dark layout. Then I change that picture;-)

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster
    /wp-content/themes/alyeska/assets/images/layout/skin/...
    marcoweb
    Participant

Thanks for the effort but I mean that I change the background or have i do this in a css file?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m still honestly not quite sure specifically what you’re referring to.

For the main background of the website, if you want to incorporate a custom background image or color, you can do it through Appearance > Background of your WordPress admin panel.

Anything else would be customizations you’d need to make with your own overriding CSS modifications. For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.