This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Site not displaying properly on smartphones

• Creator
    Topic
    deltina
    Participant

Hi Jason,

When viewed on smartphones, the sidebars overlap the main content on my site http://deltinau.com.

Can you let me know how I might fix this?

Thanks,

Deltina

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Deltina,

I’m not entirely sure what is causing the conflict, but I’m sure if you went through and disabled your plugins one-by-one, you’d find that one is causing a conflict in some way. I know when you’ve got your site all setup like this, that’s not always a real option.

So, I wasn’t able to tell exactly what plugin is causing the conflict, but I can tell what it’s conflicting with in the theme. So possibly just disabling that element of the theme with CSS could fix your issue, if you want to continue using all the plugins you’re currently using.

Try this in your custom CSS:

#sidebar_layout .sidebar_layout-inner > .row {
         display: block; /* disable flexbox */
    }
    deltina
    Participant

Thanks for looking into this, Jason. That looks to have done the trick; but will it affect any other functionality?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

No it shouldn’t — The code you’re disabling makes sure (through CSS only) that no matter what sidebar layout you choose, that on mobile, the content always appears above the sidebars. But since you happen to be using a sidebar right layout (probably the most commonly used, anyway), the sidebar comes after the content naturally. So in reality with how you’ve setup your site, the flexbox CSS the theme isn’t really needed anyway.

deltina
    Participant

I see. That is good. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.