This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Site Down I'm an ID 10 t

• Creator
    Topic
    jhoward

I crashed my site, I tried to add meta data per the WP forums to the header.php file and now I am screwed tried deleting changes, deleted old and new header file, uploaded header file from alyeska zip. any support would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Do you have PHP errors enabled on your server where you’re doing your development? That would probably really help you if you’re going to be any kind of development so you can know exactly where and why any customizations you’re making are giving you errors. Also, it’s a good idea to make sure you’re never making customizations directly on a live site, but in some sort of staged environment.

And additionally, the most important thing is that you should never be making edits directly to the Parent theme. All of your edits should be coming from a Child theme. This will help you avoid issues like this in the future.

https://vimeo.com/41331677

Without really knowing any specifics, I’m honestly not really sure what to tell you other than just to load the theme back to its default state.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.