This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Sidebar Random Theme Blvd Mini Post Grid

• Creator
    Topic
    pzanon
    Participant

I have a post category “Clients” where I uploaded many client logos 250x250px as the featured image. I would like to show 10 logos (without title, link, text, anything) in the sidebar randomly. In order to get rid of the post title I had to turn off Show Titles in Post Grids (Theme Options, Content). That’s OK as long as I don’t need the title for other categories, but the problem with randomly pulling the posts into the grid still remains.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Ok so you’re not referring to a “mini” post list then because there wouldn’t be any titles with this. A “mini” post grid can be displayed via the “Mini Post Grid” widget or the [mini_post_grid] shortcode.

How exactly are you displaying your post grid? Maybe you can link me to a specific example on your site? From there I can tell you where to go to put in a custom query.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

What’s the best way to create a sidebar slider that looks like the screenshot below that pulls a number of posts for each slide (just the featured image, without titles, etc, sorted randomly)

http://i44.tinypic.com/5o6ngz.png

Let’s get back to the original question you started here. What you want to do is add the “Theme Blvd Mini Post Grid” widget to your sidebar. The “mini” post grid widget does not correspond to the “Content” options from your Theme Options page. — It is simply a grid of thumbnails, which is what it sounds like you want.

In order to have them display randomly, you’d need to utilize the widget’s “Custom Query” option. You could try something like this:

category_name=clients&orderby=rand

http://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Order_.26_Orderby_Parameters

pzanon
    Participant

Great, that worked. I added this to the “Theme Blvd Mini Post Grid” that I have placed in the sidebar:

category_name=Clients&orderby=rand&posts_per_page=10

And yes, Sorry to confuse about the Titles in Post Grids. It is somewhat related as I had to create a page showing all the Client Logos. This is where I needed to turn off the display of titles in the Theme Options.

Thanks a lot.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.