This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Sidebar font size problem

• Creator
    Topic
    adrian1994

Hey, I need some help here.

I use Alyeska, and when I create post list in my sidebar, post titles are huge, like 2XH1

How to solve this?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you please provide a live link that shows the issue?

adrian1994
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

What web browser are you seeing the issue? I just looked at your site in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox; all look normal. Here’s screenshot of what I see. Or is this what you mean when you say the titles are huge and 2x h1?

adrian1994

Yes they are huge, your Alyeska Demo page is like h2 and not h1.

Can I make it smaller?

adrian1994
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Those headers in the sidebar are styled in em’s ( currently 1.4em), which means they’re relative to the body text size. And so they appear larger on your site than our demo site because your body font is set so much larger in the theme options at 16px, compared to our demo site is 12px.

But you can easily change that through basic CSS customization. — For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme‘s style.css or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

When I inspect with my browser’s dev tools, I can see this being applied from the theme:

.fixed-sidebar .widget .themeblvd-mini-post-list .mini-post-list-content h4 {
    	font-size: 1.4em;
    }

So, to override, you could do something simply like this:

.fixed-sidebar .widget .themeblvd-mini-post-list .mini-post-list-content h4 {
    	font-size: 17px; /* 1.4 x 12 = 16.7 */
    }
    adrian1994

Wow, great, man thank you 🙂

Great theme tho, professional looking and it’s probably one of the best mobile designed themes online.

Cheers!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Thanks, glad to hear it’s working for you!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.