This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Sidebar Divider

• Creator
    Topic
    objectivej

Hi,

This may be a simple question but we don’t have much experience with WordPress layouts and I can’t seem to nail down exactly where the problem is.

Basically when you ass a sidebar/widget area in this theme it places a divider between the sidebar and the ‘contant’. Its a shadow line. Can anyone tell me how to remove this? Or which CSS file I should be looking at?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

.fixed-sidebar-inner {
    	background-image: none !important;
    }
    .fixed-sidebar-inner:before,
    .fixed-sidebar-inner:after {
    	content: "" !important;
    	background-image: none !important;
    }

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.