This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Showcase and link post format bug

• Creator
    Topic
    royeyal
    Participant

This is an easily missed bug.
    When using Showcase, posts with link post format, both the link and the div get the tb-thumb-link class. Which outputs 2 after pseudo elements, which outputs 2 background layers, and then you get some hover effects that are transparent, and some that are not (because of the 2 layers).
    This is the HTML output:

<div class="featured-item showcase tb-thumb-link">
    [a href="/somelink/" class="tb-thumb-link post"]
    ::after
    [/a]
    ::after
    </div>

I have a temporary fix for this

$('.showcase').removeClass('tb-thumb-link');

But I hope you’ll get this fixed soon.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by royeyal.
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Can you possibly link to me to a live example where this is happening, so I can see the exact circumstance of options being outputted? I’m trying to reproduce on my end with various different scenarios, and I can’t reproduce the issue you’re describing.

If I’m understanding, in a post showcase, the post format shouldn’t be relevant. The “tb-thumb-link” class only gets applied to the div, if there’s no featured image link set from the Post Options, in which case no link would be outputted around the featured image. I’m looking at the code and testing, and just not sure how what you’re describing is possible. So, I’m wondering if you maybe hit just one unique combination of several options to trigger the issue or something?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Are you possibly using that featured image link override plugin? I recall you mentioning that before. It may be something to do with that.

royeyal
    Participant

This is the page: http://setworkconquer.com/articles/.
    But you won’t see it, since I had to use jQuery to fix the double class bug.
    So I used:

• Link post format
    • Theme Blvd Featured Image Link Override plugin, with “Featured images link to their posts” and “No, do not apply the above override to single posts”
    • Theme Blvd Layout Builder plugin: A page with a custom layout using the Showcase element

I hope this helps.
    Thanks

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by royeyal.
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah, so it would be an issue with that featured image link override plugin, and not the theme. That’s a good thing, because it means you won’t have to wait for another theme update for it to be fixed.

So, I’ll take a look at the plugin. It has been a bit of a nuisance over the years because it has to work with so many themes and different versions of those themes. But last night I was thinking about it, and I think the plugin can be totally re-written to be much more simple and just filter the meta data that effects the featured image link options (which all themes used have used the same meta data over the years), opposed to trying to actually filter the featured images themselves. As new themes comes out and others are updated, the plugin is becoming much more unmanageable the way it is, and little things like you’re noticing are creeping in.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Go ahead and update Theme Blvd Featured Image Link Override plugin to v2.0, and let me know if it doesn’t fix the problem for you.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-blvd-featured-image-link-override/changelog/

royeyal
    Participant

Awesome.
    The bug is fixed.
    Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.