This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Show excerpt in mini_post_list

• Creator
    Topic
    kennethfeldman
    Participant

Hi!

Is there a way to show the post excerpt in a [mini_post_list] shortcode?

It’s an option that’s available in the Barely Corporate theme, and I really liked/used it a lot.

Please let me know if I can add that to the output of [mini_post_list] shortcode in Jump Start?

Thank you!!!!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

No there’s no feature for this unfortunately. If you’re looking to customize the output you’d need to edit “themeblvd_get_mini_post_list” function from your Child theme, which is a pluggable function. You can find this function in the theme at /framework/includes/parts.php.

kennethfeldman
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Just revisiting this topic for another project.

I have copied the pluggable function over to my functions.php in child theme (and tested that this is working).

But I can’t figure out how to edit the function to add THE EXCERPT to display below the post title next to the post thumbnail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by kennethfeldman. Reason: typo
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

This is a WordPress function you can use to get the excerpt, which you’d then append to the overall output string during each pass in the loop: https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_the_excerpt

kennethfeldman
    Participant

Beauty! That did it. Thank you SOOOOO much!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.