This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Setting up archives to display in grid format

• Creator
    Topic
    John
    Participant

Is it possible to use template_grid.php as the basis for a custom template? themeblvd_set_att() and themeblvd_get_att() don’t seem to be available. This seems similar to angela’s problem, but I’m not trying to search.
    john

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

There is something in the framework called “grid” mode that gets triggered if you filter your template parts a certain way. This is a newer thing I haven’t really shared or documented with people. It still needs to have some kinks worked out, but it should be currently functional for homepage posts and archive posts, but not search results.

For example, you can trigger grid mode by filtering the template parts for your archives and homepage to use the content-grid.php file like this from your Child theme’s functions.php:

function my_template_parts( $parts ) {

// If these equal grid, index_grid, or archive_grid, 
    	// grid mode is triggered automatically.
    	$parts['archive'] = 'grid';
    	$parts['index'] = 'grid';

return $parts;
    }
    add_filter( 'themeblvd_template_parts', 'my_template_parts' );

After doing this, you should see your archives and homepage (if it’s a blog homepage) showing as a grid automatically.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.