This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Search Page not showing

• Creator
    Topic
    nigdowser
    Participant

Can anyone think of why I get the search page being protected and not being able to show any results?
    I am using WishList Member and, in talking with them, they said it is usually due to a caching issue. I have turned off caching on the site and it still acts as if it’s protected, even though there’s no way I can set protection for it.
    Is there some code I can add to force it to show, no matter what?
    I’m just using the normal WP search function, no plugin.

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

What exactly do you mean by it’s protected and not showing? Can you post a link to your site? Have you tried disabling plugins, to see if one is the cause?

nigdowser
    Participant

i mean that it appears as protected by Wishlist Member, even though there is no way of adding that protection using WLM.
    I’ve tried turning plugins off and there appears to be no common cause at all. Hence my original post.
    I’m in contact with WLM support and they, hopefully, will be able to see something I have missed. I was posting this to try and cover al my bases by making sure there was nothing I cold add to the search.php to ensure it always showed, no matter what.
    If you go to discoveringdowsing.com and use the search box (try ‘pendulum’), you’ll see what I mean.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Ok, so it’s obviously something with this plugin you’re dealing with (including possibly some sort of conflict the plugin and the theme). As you commented, I would suggest waiting to here what the plugin’s support says. I wouldn’t have the first idea what the plugin is doing.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.