This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Scaffolding

• Creator
    Topic
    sharonq
    Participant

Can you help me understand the difference between bootstrap scaffolding and themeblvd columns.

If i use the bootstrap css (row, span 8 etc) the width of the row is about 20 px more than the container – so the content sticks out unless I add padding or a negative margin.

Themeblvd columns fit inside my container just fine.

Jumpstart lets me use most Twitter CSS natively in place of the shortcodes but the columns don’t seem to work the same as the original bootstrap ones.

Is there CSS I should be adding to get the bootstrap scaffolding to work?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You can use whichever you like. Can I see a link to what you’re doing with the Bootstrap scaffolding? Maybe you’re doing something incorrectly?

sharonq
    Participant

I created a Test Page: http://teamsfirst.ca/test-columns/

Row-Fluid seems to work fine – Row (which is what I was using) is shifted 25px to the left.

I will try to answer my own question…

Row – uses pixels – which assumes a container of a fixed width (1024?)
    Row-Fluid uses percentages – so it works fine in JS because it can adjust to the 980 w container

TB uses Row-Fluid (as it should) so it matches the row/fluid – the mistake I made was using ROw.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You got it. You have to use the fluid grid system.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.