This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

responsive video in slider

• Creator
    Topic
    newbie2004
    Participant

hello,

i don’t want to use wordpress oembed function for youtube videos, instead i want to use my jw player which is used on the website (the videos are responsible and could be played on mobile devices).

is it possible to make a custom slide (video aligned left and text on the right side: headline and description) which is also shown on mobile devices (on mobile devices the slides are listed out)?

looking forward to hear from you.

br,

newbie2004

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    newbie2004
    Participant

there’s no problem to get it working on pc with 100 % width & 100 % height, but not working when slider is listed out and not as aligned left video!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I apologize, but there is no feature in the theme for this. I’m not really sure how I can answer this question for you in how you’re setting up your custom scenario all that specifically. Here’s essentially how I setup responsive videos in the theme in general: http://www.netmagazine.com/tutorials/create-fluid-width-videos — You could even try just looking at how a WP oembed is embedded and what HTML markup the theme puts around it and using that; I can’t say how exactly this will work with jwplayer.

newbie2004
    Participant

ok.
    we have css classes for using fully responsive video on the page, but at the moment not in the slider.

do you have code for customer setup in slider to use left aligned video there?

can you tell me, why own video is disappearing when slider elements are listed out? when forcing full slider on mobile deviced, the video will be seen in the right size and will play also on mobile phone.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Apologies, but I don’t have code for any custom slides for you.

newbie2004
    Participant

do you have blank code (divs for left aligned content)?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.