This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

resizing image width borders problem in post grids

• Creator
    Topic
    corante
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    I downloaded your ‘TB image sizes’ plugin and it’s working very well. The only problem I’m having, is that the border width of the images doesn’t seem to be changing at all. Is there something I’m missing? Thank you for your help!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

It sounds like you’re just referencing to the fact that the container of the images would be a block-level element and thus stretch the width of whatever column it sits in. Can you provide a specific link to the issue?

corante
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I’m working offline, but you’ll notice in the link below, the border doesn’t wrap around the image size.
    http://urbanauthentic.com/post-grid.png

Thank you for your help!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by corante.
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You’d just have to set the container containing the images to be not be displayed as block-level elements.

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

.post_grid .featured-image { display: inline-block; }

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.