This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Reponsive Video Embedded

• Creator
    Topic
    neotopia
    Participant

Hi,

I have updated one of the core plugins of Akita – must be Theme Blvd String Swap, but I can’t see the conncection. Anyway, since then the responsive YouTube input seems to be broken. Old links from YT are still converted into a video, while new insertions just displaying the link, but no video.

Is there a known bug?

Martin

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Martin,

Are you just referring to displaying YouTube videos in a page or post with WordPress’s built-in oEmbed?

If you’re putting in a video link and it’s not becoming a video, this shouldn’t have anything to do with the theme or especially anything like the String Swap plugin. WordPress takes care of this process, and when this process takes place, the theme just adds a filter that puts an additional wrapper around what WordPress creates in order to make it responsive.

Have you experimented much by moving the URL around different areas of the page? Or experimented on different pages? Are you sure you’re not using any other plugins on your site that do something video?

neotopia
    Participant

Weird. Okay, seems like I was on the wrong path. I will looking into the problem, thanks for your help. 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.