This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Replace menu tabs

• Creator
    Topic
    nigel lew

Hi, is it remotely possible to swap out the tabs with a solid color. I am sorta trying to kluge this stuff into something a bit different. I should have started with something else I fear but I almost have it finally. Pretty cool stuff. I have owned this for quite a while but never got around to really using it.

I basically just want to span a solid color nav. bar across the entire thing.

thanks,
    Nigel

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Nigel,

For this to be possible you’d have to tackle this area with your own CSS customization.

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

/* Menu bar area */
    #access { ... }

/* Menu bar buttons */
    #access li a { ... }

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.