This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Removing excerpts from post grids

• Creator
    Topic
    vegasrenie
    Participant

Is there any way to shorten or remove excerpts from the Post Grid elements on my home page (I guess *any* page, actually). The only reason I’m bringing this up is because the containers are all uneven. If there was a way that I could get them all to be a consistent size, then the excerpt length wouldn’t matter.

Thanks for any info. BTW, my site is “under construction” and not visible at this time.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    vegasrenie
    Participant

Never mind. I figured it out – it was in Options all along. D’oh!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Great, glad you got it working the way you want! — For anyone else reading, this can be found at Appearance > Theme Options > Content > Post Grids.

Here’s a little more general info on the topic —

1) Not a lot of people new to WordPress in the last year or two are aware of this because it’s generally hidden by default (as of WP 3.5 I *think*), but you can actually write out your excerpts manually, instead of having WordPress automatically just taking the first 55 words.

When editing a post, click the “Screen Options” tab at the top right corner of the screen, and then check “Excerpts.” This will then show a blank meta box on the screen titled “Excerpt.” Go ahead and write what you want here and will override the action of automatically taking the first 55 words of the post.

2) With the theme if you want to customize the way post grids look at all, you can do this by simply copying content-grid.php (which is designed to be a fairly simply template file to edit) to your child theme and making edits. Here’s more information on this topic and about using this concept with other areas of the theme:

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/editable-content-files/

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.