This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Remove/Modify Pagination of Category Archives

• Creator
    Topic
    kennethfeldman
    Participant

When viewing Category Archives pages, there is a default 10 post-per-page display limit. Archives with higher post counts (than 10) are automatically paginated.

I can not find a setting to modify/remove the 10 post-per-page limit for Archive display.

Is there such a setting?

Or can you tell me where in the templates this limit is declared, and how to change/remove it?

Ideally, I’d like to remove the pagination altogether for the project I am working on.

Thank you!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

The theme doesn’t actually do anything in this regard. WordPress takes care of all the querying on archive pages, which includes setting up the pagination. In order to actually remove this all together, you’d have to construct your own custom filter onto pre_get_posts.

But if you’re just looking to change the number of posts per page, the setting is here:

WP Admin > Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most

kennethfeldman
    Participant

Doh! Ooops! Thank you Jason!

I was so into the “theme” that I forgot about WordPress itself.

Thank you again.

(Just bought the Jump Start theme — can’t wait to dig in there.)

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Awesome, glad to hear it!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.