This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Remove Warning in Hard-coded non-widgetized sidebars

• Creator
    Topic
    johnsimpson
    Participant

Hi,

I followed your instructions to do “Hard-coding non-widgetized sidebars” (http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/hard-coding-non-widgetized-sidebars/) and it works beautifully! But, in the admin whenever I edit any page I still see your message that says “This is a fixed sidebar with ID, my-new-widget, but you haven’t put any widgets in it yet.”. How can I remove that message to avoid confusion for my users?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    johnsimpson
    Participant

actually I figured it out! thanks anyway.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

The code provided should take care of that, unless I’m overlooking something.

Are you sure you didn’t forget this part?

remove_action( 'themeblvd_sidebars', 'themeblvd_fixed_sidebars' );

And are you using the sample child theme that came with the theme? And are you sure you put this code in its functions.php, after the framework is included?

johnsimpson
    Participant

Nope, I did not forget the part you mentioned. Yep, using the child theme.

Quick and dirty fix was to simply comment out the div where this message was being inserted; since I do not plan to ever use the widgetized sidebar on this site nor would I ever reinstall/upgrade the theme it shouldn’t cause me any issues. After we get everything working I’ll go back and try this again to see if I can provide you more details. But for now I am good! Thanks anyway!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Are you using Akita 2.1?

I’m pretty sure what you’re referencing is not possible because where this message is displayed in the fixed right/left sidebars, it is hooked to the “themeblvd_sidebars” action hook with the callback function themeblvd_fixed_sidebars.

I’m looking at the theme’s code now and the only way for this to be possible would be if you’re not putting your code customizations after the framework is included in your sample Child theme’s functions.php.

… Or, possibly you’re using an older version and I changed this at some point, and don’t remember. Or maybe I’m just missing something obvious; I’ve been traveling all day, and just got home.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.