This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Remove responsive "hamburger" that's built in to Alyeska

• Creator
    Topic
    bennettwebmaster
    Participant

This might seem like a weird request but we’re using a menu plugin. What’s happening is when you view on a mobile device you see the theme’s hamburger. When you click it, you see Ubermenu’s hamburger. It’s a little redundant. Is there a way to remove the built in one and just have that menu area show when it reaches the mobile viewport size? Right before it reaches the mobile viewport size you’ll see what the Ubermenu responsive menu looks like, then it goes over to the little hamburger that’s built into Alyeska.

You can see the menu here and what I’m talking about.
    http://test.bennettsites.com/big/

I appreciate your help and we love the theme.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by bennettwebmaster. Reason: added additional info
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi,

No worries, I understand. Because you’re not using a child theme, I think the only real way would be just hide it from displaying with CSS, from the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page. Appearance > Theme Options > Styles > Custom CSS.

Something like this should do the trick:

.btn-navbar {
    	display: none !important;
    }

=========

Note: For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme‘s style.css or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

bennettwebmaster
    Participant

I will give that a try. On our live site the theme is a child theme so we should be ok to implement it in that regard. I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help!

bennettwebmaster
    Participant

Ok, that does hide it but one last request. I need the area that would show the menu to not be hidden. I know normally the menu would appear when you clicked the hamburger. So I’m not sure if this it beyond the scope of the theme or not. If you check it now, you’ll see what I mean. I get the blue bar but can’t get to the menu.

Thanks for your help!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You’d just do the same thing, but the opposite. Use your inspector, find the HTML element that is hidden, and then display it. Use !important so it overrides anything else the theme might be doing to hide it.

#main-menu {
      display: block !important;
    }
    bennettwebmaster
    Participant

Perfect, thanks again!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.