This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

remove read more button on post on home page

• Creator
    Topic
    letour

Hello,

Is it possible to to selectively remove the “more” button that shows on posts featured on the home page? And How?
    I search the forum and saw two posts but could not access the answer. It said I needed to be registered (which I am) to see the staff response.

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Is it possible to to selectively remove the “more” button that shows on posts featured on the home page? And How?

Can you please be more specific as to how you have set up your homepage and how you’re showing posts there? Can you provide a live link to what you’ve setup?

I search the forum and saw two posts but could not access the answer. It said I needed to be registered (which I am) to see the staff response.

You can only view responses in the forums that correspond to the products you’ve purchased.

letour

Here is the link:
    http://tangopraxis.ca/

I have a “front page” category that I use when I want a post to show on the home page, the 3 most recent are displayed. Sometimes, like right now, all the text fit on the excerpt, and there no “more”, yet the button shows. Would be great if I could disable the button on a case by case basis.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah, as it sounds like you’ve figured out, there’s no way to do this. This would be a customization you’d need to make.

You can edit how posts are displayed in a post grid by copying content-grid.php to your Child theme and editing it. One possible solution could be to change the_excerpt() to the_content() which will allow you to use <!--more--> more tag in your posts to determine if there’s a link that goes to the post or not.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.