This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Remove entire main menu from select pages

• Creator
    Topic
    tymothyroy
    Participant

I have a website that I need to remove the main menu from 6 of the 26 pages, is there a way?

I am using the Alyeska Theme from Theme Blvd

colectivacombate.com is my demo site – I want to remove the main menu at the top entirely on 6 pages.

Thanks!!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Tymothy,

Site’s looking good! I like the background and nice, centered logo in the header. Also looks good with the class slate grey menu color.

So, there are different ways you could do something like this. If you’re looking to just stick to CSS, that’s probably doable. When you’re viewing a page on your site, view the source and checkout the <body> tag. You’ll see that WordPress adds a bunch of classes that you can use to potentially style specific pages of your site.

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

So, for example, you could do something like:

#main-menu {display:none;}

Or

#menu-wrapper {display:none;}

And then to apply it to a specific page only you’d preface your selector with a body class like “page-id-123” —

.page-id-123 #menu-wrapper {display:none;}

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.