This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Remove Container

• Creator
    Topic
    Charlie Harper
    Participant

Hello and thanks for the great products. Been using them for over a year now.

I purchased this theme for the framework and plugins etc. But I want to create my own container. How is it best to do this in ThemeBlvd?

It seems a bit messy to simply do a…
    #container {display:none;}

I tried the below function to remove all of the main content hooks. It leaves me with a blank display just the same as the CSS display:none;.

// Remove TB Main Content Area
    function unhook_tb_main_content() {
    remove_all_actions('themeblvd_main_start');
    remove_all_actions('themeblvd_main_top');
    remove_all_actions('themeblvd_main_bottom');
    remove_all_actions('themeblvd_main_end');
    remove_all_actions('themeblvd_breadcrumbs');
    remove_all_actions('themeblvd_before_layout');
    remove_all_actions('themeblvd_sidebars');
    remove_all_actions('themeblvd_fixed_sidebar_before');
    remove_all_actions('themeblvd_fixed_sidebar_after');

}
    add_action('init', 'unhook_tb_main_content');

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Charlie Harper
    Participant

I guess I should clarify one point, I know how to create the container and plan on doing so with Bootstrap 3.0 with my own grid implementation. I just want to not lose the framework. I could hack a new header by copying the output into a new file and including that, but would then lose the ability to later down the road use functions to enqueue etc.

Charlie Harper
    Participant

I just realized that I still had #container {display:none;} still active in the style sheet. So I suppose I need to just go further into the header and footer actions.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Charlie,

Removing the entire container isn’t really going to work using action hooks. You’d have to essentially re-do header.php and footer.php from your child theme. This is where the containers DIVs are setup. And if you are looking to utilize those hooks, you can get a good idea of all the spots controlled by action hooks by looking at those files.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.