This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Recent Posts on homepage

• Creator
    Topic
    nodinx

First off, great theme! I just have one thing that I would like to add to the homepage that I’m not sure how to do..

I think what I’m looking for is the shortcode “post_grid”. I want to be able to display 3 columns on the homepage with one post+excerpt in each column. Something like this: http://www.midvalleyvolleyball.com/

I’m just not very proficient with PHP so I’m not sure how I would list the arguments with the shortcode. Can you point me in the right direction?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I think you may have your themes mixed up. The website you’re linking to isn’t the Alyeska theme or any of mine.

nodinx

Hi,

I meant for that link to be an example of what I would like to do, it’s not the link to the site I’m asking the question about.. Here’s that site: http://blocksportvbc.com

I basically want to make the recent posts show up in 3 columns like the first link instead of in a list in one column like it is now. Does that make sense? Sorry for the confusion!

Alex

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Is there a reason you wouldn’t just add the “Post Grid” element to your custom layout above your “Columns” element? Wouldn’t that appear similar to the first website you linked to?

nodinx

Yes it would 🙂 It’s hard to keep all the themes straight because everyone does things a little differently. Thanks for the help!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Oh, no problem. I just assumed you were already using the Layout Builder, so you had seen that. That’s okay.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.