This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Proper slider image dimensions

• Creator
    Topic
    kelleychambers
    Participant

Hey Jason…

It’s Kelley yet again. ๐Ÿ˜‰ So, I can’t seem to find the proper dimensions for the slider (at full width) I’m using 940×280 and some images look as crisp as they should an others are fuzzy and not nearly as sharp. http://site.rwpstudios.com/

Is the reason because I don’t have the right dimensions or is it because there’s some compression filter behind the scenes I’m unaware of?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Kelley,

For a list of all the theme’s image crop sizes, checkout the Item Details page on ThemeForest and look under “Image Sizes” —

http://themeforest.net/item/alyeska-responsive-wordpress-theme/164366

The designed size for full width slider images is 940ร—350. However, if you do anything smaller than this, WordPress will not make the crop, and whatever image you upload will get inserted. Whatever works best for you will do.

========

Don’t worry, you are not the only one to have questions like this. — In the next theme update when you’re using the Sliders plugin, this whole part about the sliders has really been improved, with custom image size selection and better explanation.

kelleychambers
    Participant

Ok, so I have the proper width so I don’t understand what’s going on… weirdo. But that’s great news about the impending new version. I’m chomping at the bit to get it. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks Jason! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Ok, so I have the proper width so I donโ€™t understand whatโ€™s going on

I don’t think I quite understand which part is confusing you. Can you try to explain in a little more detail what the problem is and what you’re confused about? It sounds like you’re just misunderstanding something.

kelleychambers
    Participant

Oh sorry… confused about the on again off again image fuzziness. it does make sense to me.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Aw, okay I didn’t understand that’s what you were getting at from the beginning. I don’t see that on my end, but it could just be because of how the image is responsively scaled and in your specific browser or monitor.

The way the sliders work is they take an image size, 940ร—350, which is the widest a slider can be in any situation. Then, this image size is scaled down proportionally in the we browser in the numerous possible scenarios a user could be placing a slider.

So, if you inspect the area there on your homepage, you can see that the space you’re specifically using this slider is 920px. So, if you wanted to show it in exact proportions without any responsive image scaling, you’d upload an image that is 920px for your specific scenario.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.