This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Problems since updating theme…

• Creator
    Topic
    tompickle
    Participant

Hey Jason,

I followed your instructions for updating to the latest version of the theme, installed all the necessary plugins, etc., and am having a weird issue since the update. Please check out http://www.casagrandeaz.us/econdev

As you will notice, everything looks normal except for the bottom navigation bar… it has a 10px or so gap between it and the body. Any idea what I’ve done wrong to make this happen? Also, if you view it in IE the header is missing but I’m assuming that’s a related issue.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Tom,

1) It looks like the header image issue is because I think you put a “1” in for the widget of your logo image on your Theme Options page? This “width” field is new; so go to the logo setup on your theme options page and make sure that reflects the correct width. Anyway, it looks like IE is actually trying to scale your header image down to 1px width.

2) On the main menu, I think you’ll need to tighten things up by maybe re-evaluating how much text you’re putting there. Or maybe if you want to make some CSS mods, you can lessen the horizontal padding on the sides of the menu anchors.

#main-menu .sf-menu li a {
    	padding-left: 5px;
    	padding-right: 5px;
    }

3) This third one looks like a CSS bug in the theme. It happens on my end, too, if I put anything in the “Featured Below” area of a layout.

Here’s a quick CSS fix you can apply to get rid of the issue for now:

#featured_below .featured_below-content { 
    	overflow: hidden;
    }
    tompickle
    Participant

Hey Jason,

Thanks so much for your prompt response, your suggestions worked for me 🙂

One more issue I uncovered whilst testing with the new theme version… the .featured_below-content doesn’t display on IE8. Any idea how I can get that to work?

Thanks,

Tom

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You’re talking about the footer menu area, not the actual featured below area, right?

It has something to do with how you’re trying to do that. How are you doing that? Are you trying to put images into the text fields of WordPress’s menu builder?

tompickle
    Participant

Jason,

Sorry to waste your time, it’s been 6 months since I worked on this particular site and forgot that I was using a plugin to accomplish adding menu images to the footer navigation items… it’s an issue with the plugin. Thanks for your help!

Tom

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.