This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Problems copying PayPal button code into theme

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I apologize, you were right the first time; I misread the changelog. The issue you’re facing with the Custom CSS not getting applied happened when WordPress released v4.2, and it’s v3.1.8 of the theme that fixes it. So, update the theme, and you should be good to go there.

wswriter

Oh okay. Thanks for letting me know. I have been wracking my brains trying to get it to work. LOL. Another feature I can’t seem to find with the latest update is the scrolling over the background capability versus fixed where the background moved with the page. Is that still an option?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Are you just referring to setting up the body background image through WordPress core setting? Checkout WP Admin > Appearance > Background

wswriter

Yes, but there’s no image there. I think maybe the template came with blue as a default. It was perfect for this site so I didn’t bother to upload a new bg image. It is necessary in order to be able to set the scroll feature?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah, it’s assumed that you’re going to setup a custom background image, and since WordPress core already has a feature for this, we allow the user to use that. Most people aren’t going to use the default background image of the theme’s CSS. And I’m fairly certain I’ve never had the default background image of the theme set as fixed.

But just in general, if you were applying a background image with CSS and not using the WordPress user feature, whether the background image is fixed or not, just depends on what you set the background-attachment property to.

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

For example:

body {
    	background-image: url(images/background.jpg);
    	background-attachment: fixed;
    	background-position: top center;
    	background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }

Or…

body {
    	background: url(images/background.jpg) no-repeat fixed top center;
    }
    wswriter

Jason,
    I think Alyeska has a vulnerability. I completely wiped one of my websites from the server and created a new worpdpress account for a site that was hacked. I did this about 2 weeks ago and the site is infected again. Also, I had a security person clean another alyeska site yesterday and it is affected again today!
    Robert

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

But same server right? Probably.

What you’re telling me honestly doesn’t help to solve much. I’ve spent a lot of time making sure the theme doesn’t have security vulnerabilities. It is unfortunate, but there could be a thousand reasons why this happened to you. But posting this without any specific information about your hack or any kind of theory other than you’re using the theme really just scares people away.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You said you had a security person. You should see if they can tell you any more.

wswriter

VPS server

wswriter

Sorry about that, Jason. I thought you’d want to know and I didn’t know of any other way to get a hold of you. I have my security person looking into as we speak and I’ll let you know anything that we find.

Your theme is great and I’m sure this is easily fixable and likely due to something on my end.

wswriter

Jason,
    I’m happy to tell you that your site DOES NOT have vulnerabilities. It was from previous malware and not your original coding. We were able to remove a back door that they had planted.

AGAIN, I THINK YOUR THEME IS PHENOMENAL. AND NOW IT HAS PASSED OUR VULNERABILITY TEST 🙂

Thanks so much for all of your efforts to have one of the BEST WordPress THEMES in the world.

Robert

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Thanks for clarifying, Robert.

wswriter

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.