This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Problem with layout builder in Akita

• Creator
    Topic
    richieandler
    Participant

I am building a homepage template from scratch in Akita. I start with a slider, then content, then a divider, then comes the problem. As soon as I try to add columns(3), I can no longer save the layout. If I remove it, it saves fine and I get the layout saved message at the top. As soon as I try to add back the columns, I’m no longer able to save.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Most likely this is some kind of issue with your server setup. It could possibly be a mod_security issue with how your web host has apache configured. There are a couple of other rare, theoretical answers, as well. If you want, you can send login info to your WP Admin I can check it out for you and probably give you a better idea or at least something more specific you can ask your host about.

If you want to do that, you can send the info by going to My Account > Submit private info here in the support website. Please make sure to reference this topic and post back here if you’ve done this.

http://support.themeblvd.com/forums/topic/problem-with-layout-builder-in-akita/

richieandler
    Participant

Hosting and admin information has been uploaded.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hey Ritchie,

I’m not able to login to your WP admin with the username/password you sent for your WP admin.

richieandler
    Participant

We have simplified things so you should be able to log in easily now.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

When saving layout with “columns” element, the server is returning WordPress’s AJAX file as a 404 (not found). Obviously this file does exist on your server; so something must be getting flagged by the server when the theme tries to send this data via AJAX.

Most likely this is some kind of security setting on your server, possibly with Apache’s mod_security configuration. You should contact your web host and I’m sure there’s a simple explanation, and they can allow this process to take place by re-configuring your settings.

Here’s a screenshot they help you to communicate with your hosting company or whoever is helping you manage your server: http://www.uploadblvd.com/uploads/image_513f7ae1cecc6.png

richieandler
    Participant

Thanks Jason.
    They updated the security and we’re back in business.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.