This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Problem with Contact Form 7, form not appearing to submit

• Creator
    Topic
    tlsfrankfurt

At the time of writing, my problem is that the ‘submit’ button circle goes round and round, instead of saying the submission was successful.The submissions are successful, from what I gather because I get the registration email and the information goes into the Contact Form Database. As people think their submission isn’t being recognised, however, all my students are registering multiple times and quite confused. (Endless little circles are confusing.)

The support forum for the Plugin suggested I contact the theme developer. There seemed to be quite a few people suffering from the same problem as me, all with different themes and perhaps all since the new WP upgrade – I am just guessing. It worked fine not long ago. Here is what they write in the forum: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/message-is-sent-but-arrows-continue-to-spin-endlessly?replies=9

And here is a link to a form on my website that isn’t working: http://www.tlsfrankfurt.com/tls/saturday-dropin-february-2/

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

It looks like you’ve got several other plugins running that include javascript, as well. Have you tried disabling all plugin except Contact Form 7? I have a feeling you’ll find that the conflict is not with the theme, but one of the other plugins you’re using.

I’ve got Contact Form 7 v3.3.3, WordPress v3.5.1, and Barely Corporate v3.1 all working fine together with no javascript conflicts: http://www.themeblvd.com/demo/barely-corporate/features/contact-forms/

Note: The form doesn’t actually send, but that is because my PHP mail function is not allowed on my server for security reasons, but you can see all javascript still works.

tlsfrankfurt

Hi again Jason. No I can’t be sure where the conflict lies, but I have deactivated all but my most basic plugins. I am afraid I don’t know which ones are Java or not, but here is a list of what I have left. Do you think I might need to deactivate more? (It says select before each one because I copied and pasted.)

All in one Favicon
    Select All in One SEO Pack
    Select Contact Form 7
    Select Contact Form DB
    Select Get The Image
    Select Mailchimp
    Select Piecemaker for Theme Blvd Themes
    Select Regenerate Thumbnails
    Select Simple Tags
    Select Theme Blvd Featured Image Link Override
    Select Theme Blvd Featured Videos
    Select Theme Blvd Image Sizes
    Select Theme Blvd News Scroller Widget
    Select Theme Blvd Post-to-Page Link
    Select Theme Blvd Simple Permalink
    Select WP-prettyPhoto

With just these plugins I am still having trouble making it work.

tlsfrankfurt

Also, I did some investigating on my other website (tlscommunication.com) which runs on your Alyeska theme (I’m a fan!) and that plugin is working fine. The user gets a ‘successfully submitted’ message at the end of submitting a form. They have similar plugins. Again, any guidance would be appreciated… Thanks!

tlsfrankfurt

Hi again – last thing I hope. I found the culprit. It was WP pretty photo. I thought you recommended this plugin for the theme, but I am hoping one doesn’t really need it, or can live with an alternative.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

prettyPhoto is already included with the theme; so you don’t need any plugin to get it. That actually would probably explain where your javascript errors were coming from, that being the inclusion of the prettyPhoto javascript files twice.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘The Arcadian Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.