This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Problem changing theme options

• Creator
    Topic
    pimvin

Hi Jason,
    First I would like to say that I’m really happy with the barely corporate theme, thanks for all your hard work!
    I’m running a self-hosted (MAMP) WordPress with the theme but I can’t seem to change the theme options anymore. The background color nor any of the other settings. I get the error: “Are you sure you want to do this?” Please try again.
    My browser title displays: WordPress failure notice.

You know how to fix this? Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Can you give you me a little information? This wouldn’t be happening just by default. For this to be possible, there would be need to be a relevant piece of information you’re not giving me ;-).

What version of the theme are you using? Are you using any plugins that would effect the theme’s options page? Like our WPML Bridge plugin? If so, what version of that are you using? Are you making any kind of customizations to theme files? Customizations from a Child theme?

pimvin

Hi Jason,
    Thanks for your response.
    I am using version 3.1.5 of the theme. No child theme’s installed. I’m not (yet) using WPML Bridge but I have the following plugins installed:
    – contact form 7
    – Theme blvd responsive google maps
    – WordPress importer

I’m also not making any changes to CSS styles and I’m just working form the back-end of WordPress. I do have some custom layouts.
    Already rebooted MAMP, browser (Safari) and mac book pro.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hm, yeah, nothing there that would really lead me to any kind of answer. I’m not sure on that one.

Are you sure you have the theme installed correctly? And haven’t touched any theme files? Have you done anything with changing the name of the theme in style.css? I’ve honestly never heard of an issue like this.

pimvin

Hi Jason,

I resolved the problem! I found a user on the WordPress.org support forum with the same problem. What happened is that the style.css file was damaged. After uploading a fresh one from your theme, customisations work again.
    Thanks for your responses!

(one last thing, is it possible to have the sub-menu automatically list in a sidebar widget?)

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Is it possible to have the sub-menu automatically list in a sidebar widget?

No, there’s nothing like this by default in WordPress. You’d have to create separate custom menus under Appearance > Menus and insert them into your sidebars with WordPress’s “Custom Menu” widget.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.